This bow holds a very special place in Ron LaClair’s heart. While in the process of designing the Shrew Heritage, he paid particular attention to the specific individual woods he selected and their composition to make this classic Shrew bow as perfect in function and form as it was in beauty. The result is an attractive classic look that is reminiscent of the legendary laminated traditional bows so popular in the early 1950s and 1960s. The rich dark brown and heavy Ipe wood gives the Shrew Heritage a nice stable heft and feel in the riser section even though the handle is sleek, elegant, and petite. The beautiful grain of the Macassar veneer shimmers through the unique opaque green glass. The overlays and the riser are beautifully accented and stabilized by thin strips of black and white micarta.
Heritage Shrew Bows are available in the following models:
- Hybrid longbow Classic Hunter II 52, 54 and 56″
- Hybrid longbow Super Shrew II 58 and 60″
- Recurve Lil` Favorite 54
For detailed information on all the Shrew Bows available please visit the Shrew Bows section of our online shop. Technical information and draw weight graphs for every model are available there.
- Draw weights: 25 – 70 lbs, choose Custom Shrew for lbs up to 100 lbs
- Riser: Ipe, black and white Micarta, cut on center
- Limbs: White Makassar veneer on Bodnik Bows Super Flex Bamboo with Bearpaw Power glass green
- Limb tips: Reinforced Mycarta tips
- String: Shrew Whisper String
- Warranty: Rock Solid 30 Years Shrew Bows Warranty
- Scope of delivery: Shrew Bows whisper string, shrew wool string silencers, fleece bow sleeve, string holder, shelf rest
For technical assistance or for personal advice to help you select the perfect Shrew Bow for you, please call us at 219-828-5003 or send us an email here: email@example.com
We do not keep all bows in stock. Please view our list of available shrew bows here.
We recommend our Shrew Whisper String for all of our Shrew Bows and all other traditional bows that can be shot with high-performance, low-stretch bowstrings. Don`t forget to order right away an extra string!
When choosing your bowstring, please note that due to the slim limbs for all Shrew Bows (Classic Hunter II, Super Shrew II, Lil Favorite) a Shrew Whisper String for Longbows is required. All Shrew Bows are built according to the ATA string length standard (String length = Bow length – 3″)